Numerous Breathing Room fans have requested this recipe for Grain-Free Blueberry Scones. Credit for this recipe goes to Laura Fuentes. I made these scones for my hubby last Saturday morning. They were AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! They didn’t taste overly sweet, heavy or fatty, but light and very satisfying. We each ate 4 of them, without guilt. I will continue making these fabulous scones and encourage you to give ’em a try. They don’t take much time. You will be pleased with the outcome. High in protein and free of refined sugar, these scones make your feel better. Happy munching!
Author: Laura Fuentes, Recipe type: Breakfast & Baking, Serves: 6/7
- 1¾ cups blanched almond flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond milk (any milk will work), divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (butter will work too)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Sift your almond and coconut flours directly into a stand mixer. Add honey, egg, 3 tablespoons almond milk, butter, lemon zest, baking soda, and salt to the flours. Mix until a loose dough forms. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Using your biscuit cutter as a shaper, fill it with ½-3/4 inch of dough. Press it down with your hands to form scone over lined baking sheet and lift cutter as you hold down dough to release. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush scones with remaining 1 tablespoon almond milk.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow them to cool down slightly prior to eating.